SVC CAP Prayer Letter – Winter Edition 2017 (February)
Laura’s prayer requests
- Thank you for praying for our CAP centre! We really need it and appreciate it! We are fully booked well into May so we know there is such a need for CAP. On a personal note can we pray that I will be able to manage my workload (especially with another job and 4 kids!) and with Helen leaving for two months I need to prioritise, not get too stressed and just learn to give it all to God!
- T, A and P have all become debt free within the last few weeks which is fantastic! Praise God!
- I have a couple who are separating and having two separate CAP accounts. Please pray for their situation at home as they have children and that the little details like splitting the debts etc will not be too stressful for them and us to sort out.
- I have two clients who have mental health issues and who’s houses are not really fit to meet at-both don’t have phones and I am relying on a third party (two support workers) to meet with them and meet at a convenient place. I am finding it hard not being able to contact the client and can’t just ‘nip round’ like I normally would. Please pray for these two clients and this situation.
- Please pray for the clients who are currently sat waiting for appointments-some well into April and May. Pray they won’t get into more debt and give them a sense of peace, that help is…almost round the corner.
- Please continue to pray for my other clients. Some are close to being debt free. Some have a while off yet and some are struggling with the idea of sticking to a budget! Pray that they will learn to understand the value of CAP money and learning to save rather than just not paying for things.
- Pray for protection as I go out on visits. Pray I will be sensitive to the client’s needs. I have a few clients I can’t get hold of, to book visits for W, D and D&P pray that this will be sorted.
As always we pray for more volunteers to help accompany me on visits!
Laura’s requests continued….
Praise God for an amazing client event!! I think I invited 26 people and 22 came! It was a successful evening, everyone loved Rod’s magic and story and listening to Emma’s story. We had a lot of clients respond and one lady recommit. Thanks to all who helped dish out, clean up, give lifts etc, it’s so nice when the church comes together like that! A few of my clients have been coming to church which is great. Pray they feel welcome and those things like getting there and getting back etc won’t be reasons not to come.
Helen’s prayer requests
- R & A – R has recently been diagnosed with terminal cancer, and so are currently trying to get their debt written off, please pray for A to be able to cope with R’s decline, and strength for them both.
- Praise God! – Helen has been working with J for last 3 years, J has now gone on a Life Skills course, pray she benefits from the course.
- S is expecting a baby from an unplanned pregnancy, this in turn is putting stress on their finances and the house will soon become too small, pray that they can re-arrange finance’s and be able to get a larger home.
- Praise God a number of clients Helen has been working with are now close to becoming debt free!!
- J has had to quit work due to poor health, pray she will quickly receive her required benefits, and for an improvement to her health.
- S has recently been diagnosed with Autism; please pray that he receives the right support for himself and his daughter who is also Autistic.
- M&T please pray that they pay into their planned CAP Plan regularly.
- Please pray for Helen as she goes away, that she would hear from God about His plans for her and especially resist the temptation to become too busy, so that she really enjoys some rest and relaxation
Thank you again for your continued prayers and support
Life Skills Prayer Requests – March 2017
Prayer for Ally & the team.
- Prayer for befrienders to come for lunch and chat to the members.
- Pray for emotional energy for Ally and the volunteers as they meet people with difficult situations and real burdens.
- Prayer for wisdom about how much can be done pastorally for each member.
- Pray some new ideas to develop our community times and volunteers to help deliver these: maybe craft sessions, things that will build friendships between members.
- Pray again for coaching to work out so that people will own their progress and carry out learning goals.
- Ally will be shortly having a new CAP line manager, please pray for the new manager as he has less experience of Life Skills, and for an accountable and supportive relationship to develop.
Life Skills Praise & Thanks
- Praise God for two people making a commitment since the last prayer letter! One made at the Discovery Break and the other at a Client event. Both are at SVC most weeks. Thank God that one of them has been to some Alpha sessions at CCP.
- Thank God for one member being re-united with her son, as we prayed for on the last letter! Pray that she continues to make good financial and healthy choices with the extra pressure of looking after another person.
- Thank God that our graduate who has moved on to the Oxfam training is now also gaining experience in our Bridgewater’s Café!
- Thankful for a faithful volunteer who picks one member up every week.
Please feel free to pickup the FULL list of Life Skills Prayer requests along with the CAP prayer letter on your next visit to Church. Thank you.